Use Live chat to get the Premium Sharing
Spotify is a streaming platform that has transformed the way we listen to music. It is the most famous of the music streaming services, albeit the competition is beginning to be tough.
Having briefly outlined what Spotify is, let’s delve a little deeper.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a downloadable platform that’s compatible with desktop and smartphone devices. It provides users with access to a vast catalogue of online music and podcasts, where listeners can tune into whatever content they like.
Spotify has millions of songs from various artists across the globe, alongside a vast collection of immersive podcasts which cover everything from sports to tech.
Spotify can even recommend songs based on your personal listening preferences.
Though Spotify is free, unless you pay for a Premium membership, you’ll have a limited experience. Things like frequent advert breaks, the inability to skip songs, and lower audio quality are great reasons to upgrade to a Premium account.
How Much Does Spotify Cost?
There are four user options available, one free and three paid:
Free: Playlists with songs and various musical genres are available. Users can listen for free, but there are limitations – for example, being awarded a limited number of skips.
Spotify’s Premium services:
Here are some of the benefits of going Premium:
- No Adverts -Including banner and audio ads;
- Better Audio Quality -Enjoy 320kbps instead of 160kbps;
- Download Songs -Download songs for offline listening;
- Unlimited Skipping -Skip to your heart’s content with no forced shuffling;
- Premium: £9.99 per month. There are no limitations, and you can download albums and songs to listen to offline. Unlimited skips and no adverts;
- Duo: £13.99 per month. 2 Premium accounts for a couple under one roof;
- Family: £16.99 per month This can be shared between up to six family plan members, including one monthly discounted subscription. Enjoy all the benefits of Premium, including unlimited, high-quality streaming access to over 30 million songs; everyone has their own music and the Spotify kids’ app.
- Student: £5.99 per month As the official website says: “If you are a student enrolled at an accredited college or university, and above the age of 18, then yes. You can get Premium for Students for up to four years.”
Spotify’s Premium membership costs £9.99 per month, which can be costly as a regular expense.
How to Create a Spotify Account
- Visit the Spotify website and register;
- Insert your e-mail address and password, or use Facebook to sign up;
- Select a subscription plan;
- Insert your payment method;
- Start your 30-day free trial;
- Download the free Spotify application for your device;
- Sign in to your account and get listening!
Is it Possible to Share a Spotify Account?
Spotify offers a Premium Family membership which can be shared by up to 6 family members for just £16.99 per month.
Users can also sign up in two for a Premium Duo account, which costs only £13.99 per month.
Sharing a Premium Spotify membership is a simple and cost-effective way to listen to music.
The service permits a primary account holder and up to five family members full access to the service, with options for shared music, playlists, and recommendations.
Users may be added and removed
Managing users on your Spotify Family account must also be done through a browser. Go to spotify.com/account and click Go under Manage Your Family Accounts to add or delete people from your same account. If you have an open space, you may invite someone by emailing them or giving them a direct link.
Unfortunately, you cannot just deactivate someone’s access to your Spotify Family account. You will instead need to invite someone fresh or create a new invitation link. The chosen user will be removed from your account, and their access to Spotify Premium will be revoked.
Accepting an invite to join Spotify Family
Spotify has simplified the invitation procedure for invitees.
If you’ve been invited to Spotify Premium, you’ll either get a link from the person who invited you or an email from Spotify informing you that you’ve been accepted.
To get started, click the link. Alternatively, if you were invited by email, click the Accept Invitation button in the email. Sign in or create an account, then click Redeem.
How does Spotify check the address?
As we said before, the plan requires that all account holders reside at the exact same location and be family members of the account holder.
Once you’ve signed up for the Spotify family subscription, Spotify will request your home location through Google Maps.
Anyone who is added to the plan will be required to do the same. You must enable Location Services on your devices for Spotify to validate your address.